Join a team
that makes a difference.
Together, we transform the lives of children with serious illnesses for good.
Guest Experience & Event Manager
As the Guest Experience & Event Manager you are the consummate host. You are driven by the mission and creating the opportunity for people to experience camp magic, whether an individual on a tour, a team renting space for a retreat, or hundreds for a transformational event. Your enthusiasm is infectious, which allows you to bring people together to deliver on goals. You are able to see and work towards big picture wins while paying attention to the small details, knowing it all plays a role in how guests experience camp.
Team Function Overview:
This role works autonomously and sits within the Development Team to support the mission of camp through creating dynamic experiential opportunities for current and potential donors, sponsors, and the broader community while leveraging potential revenue streams. You will be a part of a team to inspire and motivate internal and external audiences such as campers, families, volunteers, supporters, media influencers, and other important stakeholders, engage and retain donors, and increase awareness in Ohio and beyond.
● Oversee all elements of property to ensure it is always host ready including but not limited to aesthetics, supplies, welcome packages, thank you gifts, food and beverages
● Provide excellent customer service to curate excellent experiences
● Create hosting, event, and rental training manuals, ensuring consistency across all experiences
● Ensure standard operating procedures are followed for rentals and events
● Serve as the ‘front desk’ troubleshooting all questions and serving as a guest concierge
● Coordinate with Facilities team for all tour, event, and rental special needs including but not limited to cleaning, landscaping, snow removal, and custodial tasks
● Apply an art of hosting lens to all experiences
● Project manage the entire rental life cycle including lead generation, package creation, pricing, contracts, calendar, and logistics
● Prioritize safety by coordinating with FHF staff to meet all experiential staffing needs as required
● Promote FHF to potential clients, manage and respond to all inquiries within 24 hours
● Measure, analyze, and create reports indicating guest experience to identify areas of improvement and constant quality improvement
● Manage budget in collaboration with Director of Finance
● Identify areas to leverage revenue, ensuring all quarterly and annual goals are met or exceeded
● Perform market research on pricing and packages to ensure rental rates are competitive
● Gather and maintain accurate and complete information for all details of the rental process using FHF database
● Manage all details of the rental experience, including relevant walkthroughs with guests and vendors as needed to review logistics, questions, agenda, and AV
● Ensure all payments, contracts, and supporting documents such as waivers are received prior to each rental
● Provide excellent customer support for guests in collaboration with facilities team, including handling any complaints and issues in a timely manner
● Identify and execute opportunities to infuse camp magic into each rental experience
● Create rental packages for ease of selection for potential clients
● Follow up with each guest following event for survey to identify areas for continued growth and improvement
● Project manage all FHF events including but not limited to Campfire and Light Up Camp, collaborating with all relevant FHF team members and contractors to execute and ensure impeccable quality
● Coordinate logistics and hosting of internal events such as board meetings, including setup and tear down
● Build and cultivate positive relationships with and provide expert guidance to external partners and vendors including production, logistics, catering, and volunteers
● Manage event budget oversight in coordination with internal team and external vendors
● Ensure excellent experience for all guests, donors, sponsors, volunteers, and vendors
● Oversee all technical aspects of large events, including production, script, cue sheet, run of show, aesthetics and experience from inception to post event follow up
● Lead regular event status meetings with internal, cross-functional teams as well as external partners to successfully deliver on event goals
● Oversee post-event surveys and financial analysis to identify areas of improvement
● Supervise coordination of all aspects of the event experience, script, speakers, production, flow, and floorplan from conception to execution
● Ability to lead and motivate a collaborative team on large events including but not limited to all FHF staff, creative design contractor, production, catering, event rentals,
● Oversee hosting all event VIP guests, coordinating green rooms and providing excellent experience to ensure they are welcomed and prepared to deliver on stage
● Create, manage, and lead comprehensive run of show
● Ensure day of event communication tree is clear to troubleshoot and problem solve as concerns arise to ensure impeccable execution
● As needed for events, work collaboratively with Communications Team, Development Team, and design contractor to develop and disseminate all marketing materials
● Work closely with Facilities team to ensure event set ups are executed and staffing and/or volunteers are secured for immediate event tear down, leaving property as it was found
● Manage calendar and execution of all tours working collaboratively with Director of Development and Chief Mission Officer to determine additional staffing needs to host guests
● Provide excellent customer service in a stakeholder facing role
● Comfortably and confidently engage current and potential donors and/or sponsors by leading tours of the property. This may include driving guests on the property in a golf cart.
● Interact with all guests to promote a sense of belonging
● Create virtual tour experience to engage out of town donors and sponsors
Required Skills & Experience
● 2-3 years of experience in event planning and/or executing events
● Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email and in person
● Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with a variety of teams
● Ability to build relationships and lead groups of people
● Expert problem solving and crisis management skills with a calm and competent approach
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays
● Excellent customer service skills with a demonstrated ability to interact positively with a wide variety of stakeholders
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time with high level of adaptability
Preferred Skills & Experience
● Familiarity with donor/customer relations management systems like Raiser’s Edge
● Knowledge in generating and analyzing event and sales metrics
● 3+ years experience with special event planning and/or management
● Expert knowledge of sales techniques
● Large event production experience
Click here for a full job description.
How to Apply
Forward letter of interest and resume to
The Administrative Coordinator requires a keen sense of organization, prioritization and deadline driving. You will be responsible for providing direct support to the Director of Finance in bookkeeping and other financial and administrative management tasks. You will be expected to anticipate needs, prioritize, and think ahead to plan on behalf of the Director of Finance and other members of the G&A and Development teams. You will take ownership of general office management such as: office supplies, calendar management, mail management, etc. As the Administrative Coordinator, you sweat the small details and always apply your can-do energy with calculated and resourceful ways of getting things done. As a detailed self-starter, you enjoy balancing project-driven work while navigating pop up requests and delivering on routine responsibilities.
- Data entry of all financial transactions
- Bank deposits, maintains control of petty cash
- Process credit card donations o Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Track restricted funds
- Reconcile general ledger monthly for reporting to CFO
- Reconcile income with donor data base
- Assist with annual audit and federal tax return preparation
- Preparation of unclaimed funds reporting and 1099’s
- Monitor and summarize grant receipts/expenses
- Assist with financial data included with grant reporting/grant requests
- Greet and assist with office visitors
- Office supply management
- Camp calendar management
- Mail management o Monitor contract logistics
- Payroll processing
- Oversee and manage grants calendar
- Assist with grant reports and tracking of data and metrics
- Support the Development Team with donor data entry and Raiser’s Edge management
- Update matching gifts records
Required Skills & Experience:
• Two years of bookkeeping experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
• Acceptable state and/or federal criminal background investigation
• Customer/client service focus
• Microsoft Office experience
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Experience with Sage Software
Click here for a full job description.
How to Apply
Forward letter of interest and resume to
The Custodian will oversee the preparation of Flying Horse Farms’ medical facility, volunteer apartments, rental agreements, Camp Creator Days and support the daily preparation of the main offices at Flying Horse Farms. The Custodian will ensure staff and guests are greeted to a welcoming, clean, and sanitary environment upon their arrival. This position is responsible for working with the Facilities Manager to prepare for and run the Camp Creator Workday Program and rentals. The ideal candidate will have a great attention to detail, strong work ethic, high standards of cleanliness, and willing to work nontraditional hours.
Team / Function Overview:
The Facilities team is responsible for the daily upkeep, maintenance, construction and sustainability of campgrounds and physical structures. This includes 196 acres, our main office/volunteer housing, 26 camp buildings, 8 program areas, 3 ponds, and 1 pool.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Stock, track, and request of cleaning supplies for designated areas.
- Fill open slots in calendar for custodian at main office, preforming the daily preparation at Flying Horse Farms, ensuring our staff and guest are greeted to a welcoming, clean, and sanitary environment upon their arrival.
- Prepare for, participate in, and lead workday groups under direction of Facilities Manager.
- Provide on-site Facilities' assistance for special non-camp events including rentals.
- Maintain organized laundry and chemical rooms.
- Perform medical grade cleaning of 1st floor of WellNest (Medical facility)
- Perform Custodial work in guest apartments at camp WellNest, Program Building and Big Red Barn.
- Stock, track, and request of cleaning supplies for above mentioned areas to supervisor.
- Coordinate with the Facilities team to maintain the building operations (light construction, cleaning, repairs at camp.
- Provide on-site Facilities' assistance and food service assistance for special non-camp events including rentals.
- Prepare for and participate in paint projects at camp.
- Communicate with the Camp Operations team, Development team and General Administration team.
- Assist with receipt and storage of delivered items.
- Dispose of trash and recyclables in all areas appropriately.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to work non-conventional hours. Prior to open hours or post-closing hours and weekends.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Willingness to learn medical grade cleaning requirements.
- Strong work ethic, high standards
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work independently
If interested, email your resume to .
Diversity & Inclusion
Every person involved with Flying Horse Farms holds one core belief above all else—that this place has the power to transform the lives of children with serious illnesses for good. We’d love to add your energy as we work to make that happen for more children. We’re fully committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Read more.